Saturday 12 January 2013

RED


Red was the color of the warmth around me
Which I thought, was my world.
Red was the happy spot between my mother's brows
Which smiled when she laughed.
Red was the trickle of pain ,
On my stone jabbed knee.

Red was the box pleated skirt,
Which dragged me to school.
Red was the beet-root curry ,which
Made me want to run back home.
Red were the friendship bands.
Red were the rakhis tied.
Red were those painful stains,
Month after month!
Red was the blush on my cheek
When he smiled.
Red were the roses he gave.
Red was the feeling when he left.

Red was the gulmohar on the college ground.
Red was the color of their flag.
"Red" was the name of the book she read.
Red was the bench we sat on,
Talking about it.
Red were the party lights,
Red were the streaks on
My dense black  mane.
Red were the Bloody-Mary's
Red were our 'high' eyes..

Red was the swollen love bite
Which he left on my neck .
Red was the mehendi on my palm
Red was the sindoor
On my hair-line !
Red was the pain
Red was the love.

Red was the blood smeared over
My baby, when I saw her first.
Red were the rashes on her bum.
Red was the candy she loved
Red was my lipstick which
She chose to mess with..
Red was the pillow I wept into
When she left to chase her dreams.


Red was the blood on the windscreen
After the crash.
Red was the walking stick I was given
On my comeback..
Red were a few of the pills I had to take.
Red was the fear
Every time I struggled to breathe.
Red rimmed were his glasses,from
Behind which,
His eyes kissed me
For the last time..

And now ,Red is the flame
Which is licking my being.



6 comments:

  1. This is gr8 Minaxi.. :) keep going.. luking forward for more of these..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely superb Meenakshi..I wanna see ur words flowing like this..From my heart best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great RED thoughts... First time here... Worth reading. All the best.

    ReplyDelete