Saturday 12 January 2013

LAMENT OF THE PHOENIX



Why again? Why again?
Time and again , I have
Risen from my ashes..
And watching me ,you,
My sad little human, you’re
Fooled to think ,this
Is a blessed rebirth!

Know you what it is to
Burn your own being?

With it, I wish I could
Burn away my sorrows
Sins of the past million births
Tears, which welled up when
All my little ones flew off.

I wish I could burn away
All those lonely years
The age old thoughts ,from
The day, when time was born.



I wish I could burn away
The memories of those
Splendid falls and caverns
For there is nothing new
For me to see !

I wish I could burn away
All my songs, for there is
nothing new for me to sing!

And now, look at you
My little human,
You take birth with a
Promised closure.
You don’t know when, but you
 are given one-nevertheless.

And I, born before time
Lives on and on
Again and again
Singing this lone lament



I tell you-what you call
Eternity ,is nothing, but
An unwanted existence.



No comments:

Post a Comment